Welcome to the MIT Graduate Christian Fellowship!
Thanksgiving is right around the corner, so come celebrate with GCF! There will be 2 locations: Sidney-Pacific Tang Hall. Sign up to bring a dish and invite your friends! Please note there will be no large group on Friday.
What: GCF Thanksgiving Potluck
Where: Location 1: Sidney-Pacific, Seminar Room
Location 2: Tang Hall, Apartment 10B
When: Thursday 11/27, 1-4pm
- Want to see God move at MIT? Come pray with us! Every Monday 8:30-9:30 am and Saturday 10-11 am in the Christian Fellowship Lounge (basement of W11). Contact: Amanda Swenson (email@example.com)
- Next week: Pastor Larry Kim of CCFC will be coming and sharing how God taught him about love through loss.
- Graduating this semester? At the end of every semester, we like to honor our graduating members, so let Kevin Ford know. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Haven't explored Boston yet? Join Kevin Ford on his "Le Grand Tour of Boston" on Saturday 11/29 (10am-5pm) to learn about Boston's history, culture, art, and architecture. RSVP via email@example.com.
Professor Troy Van Voorhis came to speak last week, challenging our understanding of how God is "awesome." Instead of merely "very good," he helped us see the ways in which God is to be feared and revered, and together we explored how that should change how we talk about God.
- Pray that everyone can receive good rest over the Thanksgiving holiday and safe travels for those visiting family.
- Pray for strength for those burdened with work, stressed with deadlines, quals, or adviser expectations.
- Pray for opportunities to give a defense to people who ask us for a reason for the hope that is in us, and to do it with gentleness and respect.
- Pray for healing for those who are sick in and outside our fellowship.
- Pray for GCF that we can better serve and love the graduate student community at MIT.
Verse of the Week
-2 Corinthians 4:15-16