Welcome to the MIT Graduate Christian Fellowship!
GCF is going candlepin bowling at Sacco's Bowl Haven this Friday! Candlepin bowling is like regular bowling with narrower pins, so it's harder and everyone looks a little sillier doing it. It's a great bonding time and a perfect event to invite your friends to. To add to the silliness, feel free to dress in costume!
In addition to the bowling, Sacco's also has delicious flatbread pizza! If you want to eat there, meet at the Kendall T stop at 6:30pm. If you want to bowl only, meet at Kendall T stop at 7:30pm, or meet us there at 7pm or 8pm, respectively
What: Candlepin Bowlin
Cost: Please bring $12 (lanes & shoes), plus money for T-ride and/or dinner
Where: Meet at the Kendall T stop to go to Sacco's Bowl Haven (45 Day St, Somerville, MA)
When: Friday 10/31
Group 1 (dinner) meets 6:30pm
Group 2 (bowling only) meets 7:30 pm
Contact: Sam Elder (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Come pray for GCF, MIT, and more! Every Monday 8:30-9:30 am and Saturday 10-11am in the Christian Fellowship Lounge (CFL), basement of W11. Contact: Amanda Swenson (email@example.com)
- Next week: We discuss our identity in Christ with Pastor Bland Mason of City on a Hill Church, in a joint large group with the undergraduate Asian Christian Fellowship!
- Have pictures of GCF events or small group outings? Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org to be included in future Newflashes.
Recently, the Ashdown small group was spotted around town...can you guess where?
- Pray for small groups that they would grow to be communities of encouragement and accountability.
- Pray for GCF that we can better serve and love the graduate student community at MIT.
Verse of the Week
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another."-John 13:34-35